Music | The Road Trip Essentials

By Zoe - 2/28/2018

This weekend, I'm travelling to a city for a university placement. Basically, it's a requirement by my university that you should choose your own placement at the end of your second year. My placement isn't too far from home, and is around ninety minutes away. But, that is way too long for me to travel every day, so I'm staying in an Airbnb (blog post on that experience coming soon). *SO* I decided to make a road trip/travel music playlist, to keep me entertained whilst driving to my Airbnb. And, as per usual, I thought that I would share some of my favourite songs from the playlist!


***Copyright Disclaimer under section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, education and research.***

Fred Falke 'It's A Memory'


Every time I listen to this song, I imagine myself driving in the summer, when the sun is setting. This song has an 80's vibe to it, and makes me want to get up and go.

Courier 'San Francisco' (Alex Schulz Remix)


I heard this remix on a Spotify playlist and I fell in love with the motivating, electronic beat. Apologies, because you will have this super catchy song stuck firm in your head for weeks!

Diviners ft. Dom Robinson 'Flowers'


This is a one of my favourite indie, pop songs because it's a super chilled, love song. The lead singer's vocals makes me think of the band 'Of Monsters and Men'. If you have heard of them and like them, then you will love the Diviners!

Dua Lipa 'Last Dance'


Would any of my playlists really be complete without a song from Dua Lipa? Her debut album has been on repeat in my car for months, and I genuinely love every song of hers. This song was released around two years ago, but it is still one of my favourites. Her vocals are outstanding!

Sky Ferreira 'Heavy Metal Heart'


I remember buying Sky Ferreira's EP when I first passed my driving test. I would always listen to it in the morning when I drove to my sixth form college, so it brings back (okay-ish) memories. 'Heavy Metal Heart' is such a pop anthem! My advice... turn it up loud as you can and drive.

Eden ft. Leah Kelly 'End Credits'


I love Eden. The combination of his dreamy vocals and the electronic beat is simply epic. This collaboration with Leah Kelly is superb, too. My favourite lyric is "we can slow down, 'cause tomorrow is a mile away".

Stephen 'Crossfire'


C'mon! If you know me, you'll know that I had to throw in a dark song, somewhere along the line. This haunting, rock/pop song almost has that old-school emo vibe to it. Which, of course, I love.

Post Malone ft. Justin Bieber 'Deja Vu'


I had to add a some rap music into this playlist, and since Post Malone is one of my favourite rappers, it seemed appropriate. He's just so easy to listen to! But, for those who hate the Bieber... I'M SORRY.

Lars Beck and Henri Purnell ft. Zekt 'Silent Games' (UOAK Remix)


"Eyes that creep into my mind"... I love that lyric. If you haven't realised by now, I really love *love* remixes of songs. I think that an artist remixing one song, and making it into something completely different, is so cool.

Axero 'Fire'


This upbeat, yet light, song is without any lyrics. And, I love listening to music that doesn't have some poor singer droning on about how sad, happy or lonely they are. Sometimes, artists need to let the beat speak for itself.

Sigrid 'Plot Twist'


I've mentioned Sigrid in my last few music playlist posts, because she's such an underrated artist. Her vocals are insane and she's super down-to-earth for her age. I cannot wait for her to release more music.

Tritonal 'Out Of My Mind' ft. Riley Clemmons


I *love* dance songs that contain an acoustic guitar. I just find it so pleasing to my ears. This song was actually released a few days ago. I discovered it whilst trying to complete my playlist, but I immediately fell in love with it.

Foals 'My Number'


If you have not heard this song before, I would be really surprised! This indie masterpiece is a road-trip essential, and is a big frick-you to everyone and everything. My favourite line is "I feel the streets are pulling me down"... tell me about it.

Two Door Cinema Club 'What You Know'


I remember being obsessed with this song in school, before it drove me absolutely insane, as it's so annoyingly good. I thought that the lyrics kind of applied to my situation right now, so I added them to my playlist. Plus, the song always cheers me up.

Jax Jones 'Breathe'


Here's a little bit of mainstream dance. I've heard this song of the radio (way too much) this past month, and I finally decided to give into it. Dum dum dum.... ah!

The XX 'Angels' (Kygo Remix)


Lastly, a long one to cover the last stretch of your journey. If you have not checked out Kygo's remixes then you have not lived... This one leaves you feeling super mellow, which is just what you need after a long drive.

Thank you for reading my post! Let me know if you have any song suggestions!

XO Zoe

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments