Review: May's Pink Parcel Box

By Zoe - 6/01/2018

It's that time of the month again (really) where I review Pink Parcel's subscription box.


Pink Parcel is a monthly subscription box priced at £12.99, which is designed to correspond to your time of the month. Seriously... you pick a subscription date and it's (in theory) designed to turn up on the first date of your period. You get a range of pads or tampons, which keep you covered, as well as a little box off goodies.

As always, this box contained a hot drink sample and some chocolate. This month's hot drink was a sachet of chai latte by Drink Me Chai. I had never tried chai latte before this, but it is so good... and I have purchased a full-size tub. I also *loved* the change from a boring flavoured tea-bag. And, as for the (square) of chocolate... This months sample was a dark chocolate by Conscious Chocolate. Can we opt out of having dark chocolate, please! It's rank. As for the beauty goodies, I had to split them up into good and bad. This month's box surprised me, as I actually disliked a few products.

The Good


First up is a favourite of mine by Dr. Botanicals coconut exfoliating bar. It's essentially a really expensive bar of soap priced at nearly £20! It contains fine, grainy particles which gently exfoliate the skin. As it contains coconut, it leaves a oily residue on the skin. This leaves your skin feel lovely and soft, allowing you to skip the annoying act of moisturising after you shower! I'm a big fan of this addition to the box, although I would not purchase it as it is far too expensive.

Next, we have a super soothing hand cream by Naobay in the scent 'Orange Juice'. This 30ml sample size is perfect for popping into your handbag, and the full-sized version is priced at £11.50 for 100ml. It's a natural and organic product and is great for moisturising dry hands. It is thick so use it sparingly, but it does dry quickly into your hands to relieve dry skin.

These days, Pink Parcel are trying to incorporate more make up items into their boxes. This month, they added a lip pencil by Laritzy Cosmetics, priced at around £9. I don't have masses to say about this, because lip pencils are quite straight forward. The pencil I received had a lot of pigment and applies evenly to the lips, lasting a long time. I still would not pay £9 for it, but I liked the addition of cruelty-free make up!

The Bad


First thing I didn't really like, was the teeny addition of a facial mask by Optiat. The sample size was extremely poor, as well at the actual product. The mask arrived in powder form, which you combine with water to make into a paste. However, not matter how much or how little water I used, I could not make this into a thick mask. Instead, it ended up super water-y or super powdered. It felt uncomfortable on the skin and it didn't dry properly. This is priced at nearly £20 for the full-sized version, but steer clear!

The next teeny sample size was the addition of a body cleanser by anatomicals. This product is essentially a shower gel, in the tropic scent of papaya and mango. In fact, I loved the product, but the sample size was incredibly poor. Considering that the full-sized version of this is priced at around £3, I feel that they could have supplied at larger sample size to trial. I was really disappointed in the sizes of the last two products, as Pink Parcel usually have great sample sizes!

Unfortunately, I have unsubscribed from Pink Parcel for a little while. I usually love their boxes, but this months just was not for me so I'm taking a look at a different box for next months... Let me know if you enjoyed your May Pink Parcel box, in the comments!

XO Zoe

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. It's a shame that you didn't like some of the products and its always a shame when you order something, expecting it will be good to be let down.

    I love the whole sound of this beauty box and it's good that you're going to look around at other options so can't wait to see what you choose! :)

    Layla x

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete