REVIEW: Maybelline Colossal Big Shot Mascara

By Zoe - 4/29/2018

If you know me, you'll know that I love anything to do with make up. Recently, I've been trying to test products that I have never used before, and I have fallen in love with Maybelline products! I wanted to share my thoughts on one of their newer mascaras, the Colossal Big Shot, as I really enjoyed testing it.


The Colossal Big Shot is a luxurious-looking mascara, designed to add a great amount of volume and drama to your eye lids. Maybelline states that this mascara is infused with collagen, lengthening your lashes from the root to the tip.
This mascara is priced at around £8, depending on the shop, and it comes in a 9.5ml tube. It can be purchased HERE.

So, what are my honest thoughts?


Firstly, I love the packaging of this mascara and I have to give credit where credit is due! Honestly, I feel that Maybelline have really pushed the boat out. For a mascara which costs only £8, it definitely looks like it could be a higher-end product. It is packaged in a reflective gold tube, with the name written on the tube in black. The packaging looks minimalistic and sleek, and it definitely caught my eye in-store.


Now, on to the actual product!


Maybelline is correct in saying that it adds drama, creating thick, long lashes that will awaken your eyes. The volume of this product, means that there really is no need for adding false lashes. This mascara is easy to build on the lashes, and I love that it does not dry too quickly, so it gives you time to build a bold look.

If I were to compare this mascara to a higher-end brand, I would 100% go for the Too Faced 'Better Than Sex' Mascara. I think it is a great dupe for the amount of volume that they both produce. *However*... If you are a little too hands-on with this mascara, you will definitely end up with clumpy lashes, so bare that in mind when you are using it. Definitely use a steady hand to build clump-free, voluminous lashes.

Another negative to this mascara, is that it tends to transfer on to the lower lid, when you get a little hot and bothered. Maybelline claim that this mascara is waterproof, but I would have to disagree as it does transfer when you sweat. There is not a huge amount of transfer, but there is definitely some. So, I tend to wear this on days where I know that I will be a little less active.

Overall, I think this is a great drugstore mascara for building dramatic lashes. This is great for when you do not have time to apply false lashes, but still want the same amount of volume! It has a fabulous price and is super affordable. However, I did not like that it transferred through-out the day, as I prefer to use waterproof mascaras... that will not budge!

Let me know if you have tried this mascara, in the comments down below!

XO Zoe

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments