Review | Primark's After Party Eyeshadow Palette

By Zoe - 3/03/2018

I was shopping in Primark last week (trying not to have my usual meltdown over how busy it was) when I stumbled across their cosmetic section. I knew that Primark sold their make up range "PS...", but I did not realise how much they had to offer. They sell everything from sets of make up brushes to highlighter palettes... and then some. The prices of each cosmetic item ranged from 50p to £5 and, as a university student who no longer can afford to splurge on expensive make up, these prices were right up my street!


After a few minutes browsing, I came across the After Party eyeshadow palette. This is a nine pan palette, with each pan containing 1.5g worth of product. The palette compromises of blue and purple glitter-y shimmer shades, and costs just £4.50! I grabbed this because I do not currently own an eyeshadow palette filled with blue shades and recently, I have been wanting to experiment with my make up. I knew that this palette would be perfect for that reason as it's so inexpensive, and I wouldn't be too mad if I didn't like it.

On first impressions, these shades swatched like butter. They're very soft and do not feel chalky on the skin, which is an issue that I normally find with most cheaper eyeshadow palettes. Overall, I found the palette to have pigmented and vibrant shades, which were easy to build on the eyelid. The swatches (pictured below) are all one swipe swatches, so there is plenty of colour within the shades. However, the first and second shades of the palette are lacking in pigmentation. I found that they both swatched a little patchy, too, and the glitter showed up as quite chunky on the skin.


When I had a proper play around with this palette, I found that I was able to come up with quite a few different eye looks. I'm always scared when I use blue eyeshadows that I will look like I have just been belted in the face, but the palette is versatile. If you use a warm-toned brown in the crease of your eyelid, you can blend the shadows out to create a light, day-time look. Likewise, using a matte black shadow will give you a dramatic "night out" look. So, it's really up to you and where you're going. Some of these shades are super interesting. For example, the third shade in the top row is so lovely on the eyes that you could actually use it by itself, to give your eyes a fresh pop of colour.

A real negative for me is the amount of fall out that these shadows produce. Because the shades contain glitter, you will definitely end up looking like a disco ball after applying them! I would recommend completing your base make-up *AFTER* you have finished using this palette. Also, try taping tissue paper under your eyes as a way of catching the fall-out. To give the palette some credit, eyeshadows containing micro-glitter tend to have a lot of fall-out anyway. I own the Urban Decay Gwen Stefani palette, which cost me £40 at the time, and personally I think the fall-out from that palette is worse than the Primark palette. And, I would much rather pay £4.50 than £40.


Overall, I think this is a great eyeshadow palette. Most of the shades apply evenly and are pigmented. The palette can be used to create versatile day or night looks, and is fantastic for experimenting with different shades. Price wise, you really cannot complain too much about the shadow fall-out, which can be easily swiped away with a make up wipe. I'll definitely be trying more products from the "PS..." range at Primark.

Thank you for reading my post. Please, let me know in the comments if you have tried any products from Primark's cosmetic range!

XO Zoe

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments