Trick or Treat: October Glossybox

By Zoe - 10/16/2018

Glossybox is a monthly beauty subscription box, which contains a combination of five deluxe sample-size and full-sized beauty products. It is normally priced at £10 + £3.25 p&p, but you can receive 20% off your first box 'here'.


This month, the theme of the boxes was Halloween. Each subscriber received a 'trick' or 'treat' box, and I received the latter! The surprise element and the design of both boxes completely drew me into subscribing.

So, what was in my box?


First up, every box contained a *full-sized* Illamasqua 'anti-matter' lipstick which is priced at £20! The 'treat' box contains a dramatic pink lipstick, in the shade 'Nebula'. This lipstick is incredibly pigmented, non-drying with a super creamy texture. Normally, this shade would not be my cup of tea. However, I've found if dabbed lightly onto the lips, it can work well with an every-day look.

Each box also contains a *full-sized* Sleek 'i-Divine' eyeshadow palette, which is priced at £8.99! I received the palette called 'Oh So Special', which comes in an array of twelve warm-toned mattes and shimmer shades. The shimmer shades are incredibly pigmented, my favourite shade including a rose-gold called "organza", whilst the mattes swatch well.


Next, is a *full-sized* LunabyLuna translucent loose setting powder, which is priced at £17! This is a brand I have never tried before, but I'm a lover of loose setting powders. When applied the powder is soft and fine, and worked great at setting my make-up.

Each box contained a *full-sized* 'strobe and glow kit' from Make Up Academy, which is priced at £5! This is a strobing balm and powder, used to highlight the cheekbones. I love a blinding highlight, and this just didn't meet my expectations. It had little pigmentation and so, I will be passing this on to my Mum. But, it was nice to test out!

Lastly, the boxes contained a 20ml deluxe sample size of This Works 'in-transit camera close-up' moisturiser. The full-sized product is 40ml, priced at £35 which means that this deluxe sample is priced at £17.50! I haven't tried this product yet, nor have I tried any products from This Works, but look out on my Instagram for a more in-depth review!


Overall, I am incredibly impressed with this month's Glossybox. The total value of this box is £68, which is fantastic considering that the price of this box was £10. I am very happy with each product. Even though I wasn't a fan of the MUA highlighter, I'm sure my Mum will love it!

Have you received this month's Glossybox? What did you think of the items. Let me know in the comments!

XO Zoe






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments