The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Range

By Zoe - 3/21/2018

Lately, I have been having a lot of trouble with my skin. I've always been one to deal with "problem skin", but over the past year it really did start to clear up, and that felt amazing. Unfortunately, hormones have not worked in my favour, and this month I have ended up with the worst cystic-acne breakout that I have ever had. I have searched everywhere for a miracle cure, completely in denial about the idea that it is caused by my hormones, which means that I can do nothing to change that.

I was recommended to try any skincare products with tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is an anti-septic, and it is used to kill bacterial infections found within large spots. I spotted the Body Shop's tea tree oil range for £15, which contains a cleanser, toner and a lotion. I wanted to share my thoughts about these products.


Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser


The Skin Clearing cleanser is a foam cleanser which claims to "reduce the prevalence of redness and blemishes". It is priced at £6.00 per 150ml bottle. Simply wake up and apply one pump of this cleanser, evenly over your face. Wash it off with lukewarm water and dry your skin.

It is recommended for oily skin, and I would not recommend any of these products for people with dry skin. Tea tree oil is an anti-septic which dries your skin to slow down the rate of bacteria growth. You see, bacteria love to grow in warm, moist places. So, when you remove the excess moisture, you slow down the bacterial growth. If you're interested in all of that jazz, you can find out more here. But, basically, these products will suck all hydration out of your skin.

I think that this cleanser does the job of making your skin feel super refreshed after application. It's fresh scent is appealing, and the product is fantastic for when you wake up with angry, inflamed acne as it has a cooling affect on the skin. I find it really soothing, too. Although it does dry your skin, it did visibly reduce the the size of my blemishes after use.


Tea Tree Skin Clearing Mattifying Toner

The next step in this range is a Mattifying toner, priced at £6.50 per 250ml. This toner is designed to be used after the foaming wash, to remove excess oils and impurities from pores. In theory, it's supposed to mattify skin and reduce the size of large pores and blemishes.

Again, it is designed for oily skin as it does suck all moisture from your face. To be completely honest, I found this toner to be far too harsh for my skin. Upon application, this toner felt very tingly and began to almost sting my face. My skin went from looking glow-y with several blemishes to looking visibly dry and flake-y, with the same amount of blemishes.

Honestly, I would not recommend this product. I saw no improvement in the condition of my skin, after using this daily for a week. If anything my skin looked worse. My make-up looked awful after a few hours of using this product as my skin was so dry, my foundation would flake off... It was just gross.

Tea Tree Skin Clearing Pore Mattifying Lotion

The last step is to use the Pore Mattifying Lotion. This is a daily lotion designed to also remove impurities and dirt from large pores, reducing their size. It is priced at £9.50 per 50ml tube. A little goes a long way with this product, and you only need to use a teen-y pea-size amount to cover your whole face.

Upon application, this product does visibly reduce the size of pores and smooths over the skin to make your skin feel even. It is more of a gel-like consistency than a lotion, but it still feels lightweight on your skin. I would not recommend using this product under make-up, which kind of defeats the point of it being a "daily" lotion, as it is far too drying. Again, it made my make-up look dry and flake-y, I was not happy with the finish of it. I was super disappointed with this product.


Overall, I did enjoy using the foaming wash and I will continue to use it, as it made my skin feel refreshed. . However, I will not be using the toner or the mattifying lotion as it sucked all of the life out of my skin, and made the finish of my make-up look awful. The range as a three-piece did not reduce the size of my blemishes, after one week of use. But, after using the foaming cleanser as a stand alone product, I noticed that my large spots were dramatically reducing in size.

Have you tried this range? Let me know what your thoughts are, in the comments down below.

XO Zoe

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments