Christmas Decor

By Zoe - 12/05/2016

There's such a fine line between having tasteful Christmas decorations and applying tinsel to every little thing in your house. I'm kind of stuck in the middle somewhere, so without further ado I'm going to go through my favourite decorations that I've put up in my house!

Bunting Mad!

I adore bunting and garlands, and I think they can add such a fab touch to a shelf or window. You can actually get them pretty cheap, too! My favourites are the sparkly silver "Merry Christmas" banner over my fireplace, and the wooden "Christmas" sign over my bookcase. It really just adds such a lovely touch, without looking too crazy!


Cute Canvas



Canvas prints are a fab way to add an extra touch of festivity to your household. You can also find a bunch of funny Christmas slogans like the one pictured above, which I find have made many people smile when they have seen it! Even better, they're also super inexpensive. The one pictured above is from B&M!


Show Your Stocking

Stockings are not just for presents, adding one to each side of your fireplace in the run up to Christmas adds such a cosy feel to your living room. If you don't have a fireplace, try adding them to a table or shelf. I've had the ones pictured above for years, but you can find some cute stockings for very cheap prices from Home Bargains.


Light It Up!

If you're not a fan of crazy decorations, and want to be a little more tasteful, add some fairy lights to a vase or bowl. I bought these "cherry" lights from Sainsburys, but you can find some super cheap ones for £1.99 in B&M. Such a fab way to light up your home, and add some decor to your normal every day items!


Add A Touch Of Fabric



A cosy way to brighten up your home, is to add a festive blanket or pillow! Asda have such a fabulous and inexpensive selection of Christmas bedding, making your bedroom incredibly cute and cosy! I bought this blanket and pillow from Asda last year for £5 each and really hope to purchase their "Vintage Kids Christmas" bedding, as it looks so cute!


Tree Time


And, of course, Christmas wouldn't be the same without a beautiful tree... and don't forget all of the presents underneath!


Thank you for reading my post! What's your favourite way to decorate for Christmas? Comment below! XO

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments