January Favourites 2018

By Zoe - 1/26/2018

Can we just talk about how fast January has flew by. Okay, we're not at the end of it yet, but we are at the last stretch! I mean, pay day is only days away, so we have something to look forward to! This month, I have fallen in love with a few beauty items that I wanted to share on my blog. So, here goes...



Ariana Grande Sweet Like Candy Perfume


For Christmas, I received Ariana Grande's 'Sweet Like Candy' perfume. I tend to like more "grown up" fragrances, such as YSL or Estee Lauder, and I have not bought myself a sweet-smelling perfume in a long time. However, when I first discovered this scent, I could not resist it and I wear it every day. The top note of the fragrance is blackberries, whilst the base contains marshmallow and vanilla. However, the scent is not too sickly, and is definitely more on the subtle side. The bottle is a pretty-pink shade and has a detachable pom-pom at the neck of the bottle. It looks so lovely sat on my dressing table! The only negative thing that I can say is that the scent does not linger too long and only lasts up to an hour. But, it is a cheaper perfume and it is priced at £15.33 at Boots ... so I can't complain!


Lush Snow Fairy Body Conditioner


Sticking with the sweeter scents, Lush's addition of a 'Snow Fairy' body conditioner to their Christmas range, was a huge hit for me. I managed to get this in their 50% off sale, before it disappeared off of the shelves for a year. I had never tried a Lush body conditioner before, so I used this a normal moisturiser for days before realising that you're supposed to use it in the shower! Oops! Basically, you use it in the shower as a body wash and it allows you to skip moisturising after the shower. As someone who always forgets to moisturise my body, this is great for me, and I find that it works really well! I have been using this every day and my skin has become much smoother! The scent is incredibly sweet and over-powering, so it is not for everyone. However, Lush carry a range of body conditioners in-store or online!


Burt Bees Lip Balm


On to something a little bit more practical, Burt Bees lip balm has been a life-saver this January. I have been suffering with incredibly chapped lips and my friend recommended Burt Bees to me. In the past, other lip balms have dried my lips and aggravated them further, but this one has improved the condition of them so much! I now carry this everywhere I go and it has been one of my favourite discoveries this month. What I like about it the most is that it is incredibly inexpensive, and costs only £2.65 at Superdrug !


Lancome Advanced Genefique Facial Serum


On to skincare, one of my favourites this month is the Lancome Genefique serum. I usually receive this every year for Christmas as it is expensive, rolling in at £29 per 20ml bottle at Debenhams. However, it does wonders for my skin and I notice a massive difference in my skin when I stop using this product. I apply this after using my facial toner and before moisturising my face. It makes my skin physically smoother and helps to clear my skin of blemishes. Although costly, it is definitely worth it!


Garnier Micellar Water


An old but classic, the Garnier Micellar Water was a huge re-discovery for me this month. I won't go on about this product as it is a cult classic, but it is essentially an incredibly lightweight make-up remover. It removes make-up in a flash, particularly stubborn black eyeliner! I've been using this everyday before cleansing my skin and it's so great to wake up and not look like a panda in the morning! It is also incredibly inexpensive and you purchase a 400ml bottle from Superdrug for £3.29.


St Tropez Self Tan Moisturiser


If you know me in real life, you will know that I love fake tanning. Maybe, a little too much... But, you've got to use all of the help that you can get in the dull, winter months. I spotted this bargain in B&M at the start of the month. This usually costs £26 in Boots but I found this in B&M for £6! This is a massive steal, and although they don't always stock the same fake-tans, it's always worth looking in B&M before you splurge in Boots. I find this tan to be streak-free and lasts long. I like a tan that I wash off as easily as it is applied, and this one can be scrubbed off if you really mess up! I would definitely recommend it, if you like fake bake!



Thank you so much for reading my post!


XO Zoe

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments