Music Monday

By Zoe - 1/29/2018

It's Monday. Therefore, it's only natural that we should rejoice in song. Okay, that's a tad too positive for me. But hey, who doesn't love a music Monday?

Thirty Seconds to Mars 'Dangerous Night'


Thirty Seconds to Mars have been one of my favourite bands for as long as I can remember. Their new song 'Dangerous Night' has quickly been added to my list of my all time favourite songs. It's more pop than their previous songs, but it still has their old-style, rock ballad vibe. Jared Leto's voice is so soothing to me, and the way he sings "I am a man on fire, you; a violent desire" gets me every time!

Alan Walker ft. Gavin James 'Tired'



This song came out early last summer, but it still pulls on my heart strings. The lyrics are sad, yet the song has an up-beat club feel to it. Alan Walker is one of my favourite music producers out there and I'm a fan of everyone of his songs!


The Chainsmokers 'Sick Boy'


I've never really liked the Chainsmokers, but I've had this song on repeat for days. It's catchy and I feel like it is quite different for the Chainsmokers. The song does carry their usual "dance" vibe, but the lyrics are definitely more meaningful than their other songs. My favourite lyric is "how many likes is my life worth?". It definitely recognises our generation's addiction to social media. Plus, the music video has some fantastically edgy, visual effects!

Eminem ft. Ed Sheeran 'The River'



I am a huge fan of Eminem and his new record did not disappoint me. Although, I must admit that I was not a fan of his duet with Beyonce, but he definitely redeemed himself with this collaboration with Ed Sheeran. I feel that their voices work well together, and the song flows so well. I love that Eminem always put deep meaning into his lyrics, and his emotions shine through.


Mike Shinoda 'Watching As I Fall'



Linkin Park was one of the first bands I ever listened to. Thanks to my older brother who constantly listened to them, I became hooked to their music. So I was devastated when their lead singer Chester Bennington committed suicide last year. Mike Shinoda just released his EP called 'Post Traumatic' which contains the songs 'Watching As I Fall', 'Over Again' and 'Place to Start'. These songs discuss the aftermath of Chester's death and the grief that Mike has felt. It is such beautiful EP and I cannot wait to see where Mike takes his career next.

Taylor Swift 'Shake it off' 80s version



I really wanted to add this one in at the end. The other night I ended up on the weird side of YouTube, and found lots of random "80s remixes" of popular songs... and I never realised what I was missing! These songs are so so fun to listen (and dance) to! There are so many remixes out there, from Taylor Swift to Dua Lipa. And, they are so good!

Thank you so much for reading this post, I hope you enjoyed it!

XO Zoe.


*** Copyright Disclaimer under section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, education and research. ***

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments