Urban Decay Afterglow Highlighter Palette

By Zoe - 1/17/2018

Hi there!


In this post, I will be reviewing one of my current favourite make up items! The Urban Decay Afterglow palette is a powdered highlighter palette consisting of four different shades: Bliss, Peroxide, NSFW and Side Piece. It is currently priced at £27 at Urban Decay. It comes with a good sized mirror and each highlighter has a net weight of 4.55g.



The palette is an addition to the current Afterglow eight-hour highlighter range. Weirdly, I did not like the original highlighter range (sorry!) as I felt that they were far to subtle for my skin tone, and they refused to build up into a beaming highlight. I felt that the originals highlighters were difficult to apply and were chalk-like. However, the Afterglow palette is far from the likes of the original highlighter range! These highlighters swatch and apply like butter. They apply evenly, slightly subtle at first, but they can be built into a blinding highlight! As for the eight-hour promise, I can confirm that these highlighters can last up to 13 hours (I'm gross and wear make up for a 12 hour shift, okay ;)!



(Left to right: Bliss, Peroxide, NSFW, Side Piece!)

When I first opened this palette, I thought 'uh oh!' because the shades look incredibly dark in the pan. I'm extremely pale on a good day, so, I did not think that these would suit my skin tone... but boy, I was wrong. In theory, Bliss is a champagne-pearl gold shade which is suited for paler complexions whilst Side Piece (a yellow-gold shade) will suit darker skin tones. However, this is not the case. Personally, I find every shade wearable... even Peroxide, which looks like is should have been named 'Barbie'! NSFW is a warm rose-gold shade and would be perfect for summer. Personally, I prefer to go one step further and mix all four shades for a gorgeous, hella blinding highlight.


The only negative thing to say about this palette is that it is a little bit heavy, so it may not be great if you're travelling light. However, the compact mirror makes up for it, and is a perfect size for doing your make up on the go. As I said before, you get 4.55g of product per pan! A single highlighter from this range has 6.8g of product and costs £21... so you're definitely getting more for your money, if you buy the palette.


Overall, I adore this palette and I have been using it religiously since I bought it last month. These highlighters are versatile on any skin-tone, long-wearing... but mostly, they will leave you glowing to the gods!


Thank you reading this post


XO Zoe

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments